Thursday, May 9, 2013

Crock Pot Italian Chicken and Veggies!




       I wanted to share one of my family's favorite recipes! My crock pot Italian chicken is super easy, delicious and very healthy. We are primarily organic home, minimal meat especially reds. Most of us Mommies and Wives love a quick and wholesome homemade meal (the Hubbies do too!), so here it is!...





This recipe is very lenient, so whatever veggies or quantity is totally your call.

 I get at least 3 thick boneless and skinless chicken breasts and 3 small russet potatoes (I have also used Yukon and red skins-all turn out delish!) My husband's favorite Italian dressing is Annie's. Its in the organic aisle at Kroger.





Chop up your pots and you can grab a hand full or so of baby carrots or chop 2 whole carrots... Whatever fancies you. :)





Put the chicken in the crock-pot, grab your Italian dressing and pour a bit on the chicken. Then throw in your veggies and pour more dressing, making sure to drench everything. I usually use about 1/2 to 1/3 of the bottle (definitely use more if you prefer, or less). As the chicken cooks, the juices and dressing will mix together beautifully and will make almost like a hearty and scrumptious gravy!

I set my crock on medium at about 9am and it cooks until 5pm. At 4:30pm I start my biscuits and throw an extra pot of steamed broccoli or green beans on the stove.




These homemade biscuits are A-MAY-ZING and top secret... Sorry, its a long time family recipe and I can't share the deets, but you can get a glimpse at a couple ingredients. ;)




They don't rise and I make them kind of bite-sized because my children LOVE them this way! They gobble and slop these things up every time, so I usually make two batches.



My husband started digging in before I could get my shot of the plate, but here it is. Its yummy and give it a try one night!




Let me know how yours turns out!

Have a blessed day!

6 comments:

  1. Yum, this sounds great, the whole thing. Seriously that last picture had my tummy growling!

    I'm finally getting around to following you back from last week. Sorry it took so long, but I had a family thing keeping my busy. I'm loving what I have read so far and can't wait to read more!

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly! Thank you so much for the kind words and for visiting! I've been a little MIA myself with health issues, but I'm trying to hang in there!...I hope you come back and enjoy!!

      Delete
  2. That looks sooooo good! Wish you were my neighbor! I'm sure you would feed me! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is definitely delicious and very full of flavor. Even my picky little children love to have this for dinner and their little bit sized biscuits! :) Thank you for coming by and following!! Hope you come back and enjoy!

      Delete
  3. This looks sooo yummy!! Definetly might have to make this recipe this week!! LOVE your blog. I am now following :)

    Vicky
    alovelylittleaddiction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much and I'm very happy you came by!!! I'm still learning alot and it can be overwhelming, but I'm loving it!! Thank you again and I hope you come back and enjoy! :)

      Delete

I love your responses and the wonderful experiences and thoughts you all share! Please leave your comments and don't forget to Follow Me for more upcoming posts!